Friday 20 March 2015

Drawing Project


For my final project for my figure drawing class, I was inspired by artist Josh Bryan to create the following image. He uses a method called triangulation to geometrically construct a portrait. Part one of the project consisted of copying a piece identically but on a larger scale. My copy is seen above on the Marilyn Monroe print. The second part of the project was to use my own chosen image, and recreate the artists' style with my own touch. I chose to recreate Malificent, and took inspiration from my own doodles/designs to create the dark tones of the image. While Josh Bryan uses only single linear marks to create tone, I used a multitude of designs to do so. The entire project was done in micron pen, so it was quite tedious however I thoroughly enjoyed the details as I am one to stress the small stuff and perfect it! Overall, I am very happy with how my rendering turned out, and I will definitely look to creating similar portraits in the same approach. 



No comments:

Post a Comment